MMA Punch - MMA News, Fight Predictions, and Opinions

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Liddell Says Upsets Streak Will End

We've seen a string up upsets in high-level matches recently. Matt Serra beating George St. Pierre (UFC 69), Randy Couture beating Tim Sylvia (UFC 68), and Gabriel Gonzaga over Mirko Cro Cop (UFC 70). Will The Ice Man be next up for an upset? Liddell says nay. Here are some words from the UFC Champion in a recent interview with the Canadian press regarding his fight against the last man to beat him, Quinton Rampage Jackson:
"I'm planning on going out there and knocking him out...I probably should have beat him then [Pride match] and I know I can beat him now," Liddell said. "I can't wait...I think it's a great matchup for me. I like guys that come at me."
His thoughts about his last performance against Jackson, "It just didn't work out for me. I don't think I was in as good as shape as I should have been. There was a lot of problems at the time."
And his thoughts about Quinton's fight against Marvin Eastman, "I thought he was a little cautious in it, but he handled Eastman pretty well."
As usual, the Ice Man is the favorite as chosen by the odds makers. The latest odds from BetUs.com had Liddell at minus-260, meaning you'd have to put $260 down to win $100 in profit. Jackson was plus-200, meaning a $100 bet would make $200 profit. With those odds, my money is on Jackson.

Labels: , ,

 

eXTReMe Tracker