MMA Punch - MMA News, Fight Predictions, and Opinions

Monday, June 06, 2005

Frank Shamrock DVD review

Through my MMA Video account (www.mmavideo.com) I just rented a Frank Shamrock DVD called Submission Seminar at Quantum Headquarters. Last week I had rented WEC 6 where Frank Shamrock made his last fight appearance which motivated me to rent one of his instructional DVDs. Let me quickly say that although his time has passed, Shamrock was truly an amazing fighter who was ahead of his time. In a period where many MMA fighters were one dimensional (eg, Tito Oritz, Royce Gracie, etc) Shamrock had it all. Good striker (both punching and kicking), amazing submission skills, and unmatched endurance. Truly a complete MMA fighter. It's just a shame we can't see the young shamrock in today's UFC. Frank in the middleweight division would dominate! Back to the Frank Shamrock Submission DVD. I highly recommed this title as he is a great instructor. He exhibits his expert knowledge and articulately relays it to his audience. He's a very patient teacher and in a way makes it fun to learn. There is one part of the disc, I believe toward the end, where Shamrock single-handly takes on every student in the class, one-by-one. Sure, these students are lighter and not true MMA fighters, but the way he handles each one in an effortless way and transistions from submission to submission is something I've never seen before. If you can get your hands on this DVD, it's a great one for any submission practitioner!

Labels:

 

eXTReMe Tracker