MMA Punch - MMA News, Fight Predictions, and Opinions

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Predictions - Ultimate Fight Night

I took a look back at some of the mixed martial arts fight predictions I have made over the year and I must say I really should have been in Vegas throwing down some big cash. I think my predictions track record speaks for itself.
Come Ultimate Fight Night live on Spike TV from Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in California I’ll have my eye on a few fights in particular. Admittedly there are a few fighter on the fight card who I am not familiar with and therefore will omit predictions in fight which there are scheduled. Main EventDiego Sanchez Vs. Joe Riggs
I’m calling for an upset on this one. Just in case you weren’t convinced that Riggs in the underdog, check the voting from the UFC website. Sure Diego “Nightmare” Sanchez is undefeated and the clear favorite, but I think he will have his hands full with “Diesel.” Joe is a solid ground and pound style fighter, check out his ground KO of talented MMA fighter Kendal Grove (http://youtube.com/watch?v=vGBFD4bvyFw). Diego is a great g and p style fighter himself but if he finds himself on his back, he’s going to get beat up. Diego’s last three fights have gone to decision. With quality fighters he is not a closer. Unless Riggs is careless on his feet, he won’t get KO’d. Riggs has faced top competition and his recent losses have come to the likes of former welterweight champion Matt Hughes, underestimated Mike “Quick” Swick, and seasoned vet Ivan Salaverry. Joe Riggs is very hungry and has a lot to prove. Diego doesn’t seem to have the eye of the tiger he possessed a few fights ago. He didn’t take out Karo and seemed a little lackluster. Joe Riggs by decision Jeff Joslin Vs. Josh Koscheck I admit I wasn’t an early fan of Koscheck’s as he wasn’t a well rounded mixed martial artist. He was and is a great wrestler and when the going got tough he’d always resort to that. Over the past few fights I’ve been very impressed. He is definitely improving and one of those great wrestlers who is looking to improve his game in other areas. For Josh his hands have gotten much better. Joslin really hands his hands full in this match. He hasn’t fought any stiff competition. When he has lost, it was by decision. He might be a difficult fighter to KO. Koscheck by decision
to come, Drew Fickett Vs. Karo Parisyan . . .

Labels: ,

 

eXTReMe Tracker