MMA Punch - MMA News, Fight Predictions, and Opinions

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Thoughts on upcoming UFC Fight Night Live

Is it just me or am I the only one not very impressed with tomorrow night's fight card? A main event of Joe Daddy Stevenson vs. Melvin Guillard doesn't carry a whole lot of "punch." Yeah yeah, most will say "hey, at least it is free and I should be happy with any fight card and main event they put together. My response. The SuperBowl is free. Every football game is free to watch. So don't you all get hung up on the "free" thing. Yeah, that was great when the UFC was still a small niche sport but those days are long gone and as a MMA fan I am starting to expect more in regards to the quality of fights. With the recent Pride acquisition the UFC has picked up a handful of solid fighter I imagine the fight cards will become better, even the free ones. Joe Stevenson is a very solid fighter as too Melvin Guillard. I'm excited an will of course watch the event. I'm also looking forward to Anthony Hardonk handing Frank Mir an ass whooping.

Labels:

 

eXTReMe Tracker